Saturday, August 13, 2005

N252 Movie Outing

My cell group was at Plaza Singapura this evening to watch 'Charlie And The Chocolate Factory'! Though only 7 of us could make it, I was glad to be there because I love being with my cell group and I really enjoyed the show! Had a great time laughing throughout as I sat in between Isabel and Meiling & munched on a cup of corn. After the movie, we headed to Le Meridien Kopitiam for a time of fellowship. Most of the stalls were already closed when we reached there. As Isabel and I didn't have a proper dinner, both of us ordered a Grilled Chicken set each which comes with a portion of green fragrant rice and a piece of fried omelette. At around 11.15pm or so, we headed for home.

Upon reaching home, I was just so tired hee... I had slept at 4am and woken up at 10am, and prepared to go to church for ushers' support duty at 2pm. However, when I reached church, I bumped into one of the team i/cs and realised that somehow, there is no duty today. Earlier in the week we were told there was, but now there wasn't. As it was about 2 hours or so before I had to go over to Sis Selena's place, I went for a drink with this team i/c at the big coffeeshop opposite church. I reached the playground below Sis Selena's block at around 2.45pm. It was still very early. So, at the bench around the playground, I took out my guitar and started playing softly... and also used the time to practise the songs that were to be sung later. Soon after, Yuhao arrived and we just continued sitting at the bench to chit-chat.

During the cell group, I thank God for the Holy Spirit's leading... and I thank God for His Presence that was so tangible. Sis Selena had prepared 6 songs, but Daniel called me around 1pm to inform me that there would be an additional 4. In the end, we sang 4 out of the 10 for praise and worship. There were another 2 that we also sang which we didn't prepare for beforehand, but God was in our midst :) People were touched. And that was when I understood the meaning of worshipping God instead of worshipping 'worship'. :)

I'm gonna turn in for the night now... can feel a bit of strain around my neck... just want to sleep and wake up refreshed tomorow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home