Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Great Time At Bible Study

Tonight I went for Foundation Truths 2 Bible Study. Bible Study is always one of the highlights of the week for me. I never get tired of going for BS, neither do I think it is a bore... because it is a time for me to get grounded in the Word of God. Everytime I go there to hear the Word of God, I receive new revelations and get a deeper understanding of spiritual truths that I never knew before. It builds up my faith in God, and also refreshes my heart and soul. The Word of God is truly good and wonderful... the Sword of the Spirit which I take up to war against the enemy of my soul. :)

BS lesson tonight was great! Pastor Tan couldn't be around so Bro Kim Hock taught us today. And the topic was on "The Laying On Of Hands". Just a quick summary here, the "laying on of hands" is an act in which one person places his hands upon another person for some definite spiritual purpose. And there are 3 reasons for the laying on of hands -- 1. Impartation of spiritual blessings or authority. 2. Acknowledgement of blessings or authority already transmitted. 3. Commissioning to special task or ministry.

One of the purposes for the laying on of hands in the New Testament is the ministry of PHYSICAL HEALING (both for Jesus' ministry and the believers' ministry). During Jesus' ministry, He not only preached and taught, but also laid His hands on people and healed them of sicknesses and diseases. For the believers (such as the apostles), God worked mighty healing miracles through their laying on of hands on sick people too. And for us as believers, the Bible says we will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover. These may be things that most of us feel we are already aware of, but I think it's always good for us to reinforce these truths again.

As those of you who have been reading my blog would know, I was down with fever the day before and having a cold and cough now. Halfway through the BS lesson, I was experiencing a lot of throat irritation and had to suck lozenges and throat drops to suppress the cough. Then, when Bro Kim Hock was teaching the part on the ministry of physical healing, he was telling us that God expects every sick Christian to seek Him first for healing through faith and by spiritual means... which means to make God our primary SOURCE for healing; to pray and ask God to heal us. Of course we still should go and see a doctor when we fall sick, because God heals through medicine and doctors too. But he was emphasizing the fact that we need to thank God continually for the measure of healing already received, and that we must hold on to our faith in God. Choosing to focus on the promises of God and paying lesser attention to the symptoms. That even though the symptoms may be there, we need to believe God that healing has begun and trust Him to complete the healing -- A balance between faith and reality. That impacted me to claim God's promises for my healing there and then, that by His stripes I am healed.

Somehow, I believe something in the supernatural happened. For when I was on my way home, I felt much healthier. Though there's still some throat irritation, on the whole I just felt so much better. And I didn't cough that much when I came home. And one thing I want to thank God for, is that I didn't feel drowsy at all under the effect of the medication during BS! Thank God for sustaining me.

I will not go into the details of the rest of the lesson... for those who wish to find out more, Isabel and I can show you the BS book. And hee, for those who are still in previous levels of BS, jia you to complete them and come to FT2 soon!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home