BUFFET DINNER LAST NIGHT
Last night I had international buffet dinner with my family. The food was quite ok, except that my brother lamented that they didn't serve sashimi which they used to.
I like the pasta station the most, where there was spaghetti and fusilli (hollow corkscrew or spiral shaped pasta about 8-inches long) that comes with 3 different types of pasta sauce. There was also Seafood Gratin, a dish comprising of prawns and mussels oven-baked together with cheese and butter till it's thick, gooey and tasty. Besides these, there was oxtail curry, ayam panggang, chicken satay, char siew, mexican riceballs, chilled steamed prawns and cold cuts. Highlight of the dessert section was the chocolate fondue where you can dip sticks of marshmellows, strawberries or grapes into a chocolatey fountain that flows continuously. Reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scene where the boy fell into a river of chocolate... before going off, I tried the leek and potato soup that was rather thick and creamy and a bit way too saltish. But the chocolate ice-cream was great and I had 2 scoops of it with ground peanut topping :)
Last night I had international buffet dinner with my family. The food was quite ok, except that my brother lamented that they didn't serve sashimi which they used to.
I like the pasta station the most, where there was spaghetti and fusilli (hollow corkscrew or spiral shaped pasta about 8-inches long) that comes with 3 different types of pasta sauce. There was also Seafood Gratin, a dish comprising of prawns and mussels oven-baked together with cheese and butter till it's thick, gooey and tasty. Besides these, there was oxtail curry, ayam panggang, chicken satay, char siew, mexican riceballs, chilled steamed prawns and cold cuts. Highlight of the dessert section was the chocolate fondue where you can dip sticks of marshmellows, strawberries or grapes into a chocolatey fountain that flows continuously. Reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scene where the boy fell into a river of chocolate... before going off, I tried the leek and potato soup that was rather thick and creamy and a bit way too saltish. But the chocolate ice-cream was great and I had 2 scoops of it with ground peanut topping :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home