PROGRESS PACKAGE BRIEFING
This morning I attended a briefing to VWOs on the Government's Progress Package for Singaporeans at 'The Treasury', where the Ministry of Finance is situated. Together with my Director and with Hazel, we learnt about who are the people entitled to the benefits that the Government is giving out on 1 May, the gains to be allocated based on the annual value of people's homes, and the procedures and deadlines to sign up for the Progress Package.
The briefing was more for social service providers/professionals who come into contact with low-income families as well as with clients who are eligible but who may not be aware of the package. A few interesting case studies were illustrated as to how much a certain family living in a certain type of flat would stand to receive. Information on the Workfare Bonus Scheme for low-wage workers was also provided and there was Q & A at the end of the session.
I did not expect to meet any familiar-looking people at this briefing but to my surprise, I saw Bro Ziwei. He was sitting in the same row as I did and was quite surprised to see me too. He came over and I found out that he was representing the Halfway House.
After the briefing, I had lunch with my Director and Hazel at Raffles City's Food Junction. As my half day today ends at 1pm, we made our way back to office by 12.15pm. After staying around till about 1.20pm, I left and came home. The weather is extremely hot today, don't think I'd be going anywhere. Will stay at home and be on my own for the rest of the day because my parents have cell group tonight.
This morning I attended a briefing to VWOs on the Government's Progress Package for Singaporeans at 'The Treasury', where the Ministry of Finance is situated. Together with my Director and with Hazel, we learnt about who are the people entitled to the benefits that the Government is giving out on 1 May, the gains to be allocated based on the annual value of people's homes, and the procedures and deadlines to sign up for the Progress Package.
The briefing was more for social service providers/professionals who come into contact with low-income families as well as with clients who are eligible but who may not be aware of the package. A few interesting case studies were illustrated as to how much a certain family living in a certain type of flat would stand to receive. Information on the Workfare Bonus Scheme for low-wage workers was also provided and there was Q & A at the end of the session.
I did not expect to meet any familiar-looking people at this briefing but to my surprise, I saw Bro Ziwei. He was sitting in the same row as I did and was quite surprised to see me too. He came over and I found out that he was representing the Halfway House.
After the briefing, I had lunch with my Director and Hazel at Raffles City's Food Junction. As my half day today ends at 1pm, we made our way back to office by 12.15pm. After staying around till about 1.20pm, I left and came home. The weather is extremely hot today, don't think I'd be going anywhere. Will stay at home and be on my own for the rest of the day because my parents have cell group tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home