Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A BUSY DAY

I'm alone in office now! Audrey stayed to meet a client and is in the midst of a session while the members in my team rostered for night duty are either on leave or have a course to attend. My director just left so I locked the front doors. But Laura just arrived as she will be having a night session too.

Lucy sat in during one of my sessions today to observe how I engage my client and conduct my assessment. It is definitely helpful having some feedback and inputs from her, because she highlighted certain areas that I could explore further. Before I showed the client into the counselling room, I was praying, "Lord, help me" because my mind can be a total blank just before the session starts. What's more, with someone sitting in to observe, it can also be a little nerve-wrecking haha... but the session was ok, thank God, my mind was clear and I was able to follow through with the information provided by my client as I asked questions. Plus point was that the client was cooperative and willing to share.

After finishing my session, I went to do home visit with Audrey. I realised that Audrey is the only person whom I've done home visits with the most. And she was also the one who accompanied me when I did my first visit. Today's one was more tedious. We went to NTUC first to buy food/cooking items, meant as a food ration gift from our Centre to some of the families that we are visiting. And they were heavy! We walked from where we were under the hot sun to blocks of flats about 20 minutes away, carrying bags of rice, bottles of cooking oil, packets of bee hoon and biscuits. Our arms almost gave way, but thank God they didn't. By the time we finished the visit, it was about 2pm so we bought lunch back to the pantry to eat. We were so tired that we could doze off anytime.

Just as I was about to finish my lunch, it was time for another session with client. Felt so dazed after that.

Now I'm trying to clear my case notes cos there's a whole pile waiting for me to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home