Monday, November 28, 2005

Dream

Let me begin with a dream that I had last night. I found myself in a very strange place. I couldn't decipher where I was exactly, couldn't tell whether it was a room or a hall. But red lighting flooded the entire place. Another person was with me, and in the next moment, we found ourselves climbing up a flight of stairs. As to where we were going, I wasn't sure. But the higher we went, the steeper it got. Soon, I had to grab on tightly to the railing as I ascended the steps because it got so steep that I almost thought I was going to fall backwards and topple down the stairs. I didn't though, and continued climbing.

Then, at the end of all the climbing, I found myself approaching a door. There was something mystical about this door and what was beyond that door. I couldn't remember how, but in the dream, the door opened and I saw people on the other side. Then I saw very weird letters and symbols flashing across my eyes and presumed it must be a type of code or something. Then, somehow, I realised that I was climbing that flight of stairs to reach another destination (as to where, again I don't know). And in order to reach that destination, I had to break that code or try to make sense of what it was all about. At that point, I grew rather uneasy because I felt something just wasn't right about that entire episode. It seemed more to me like some occultic practice going on. But in the next moment, I was relieved when the other person who had earlier climbed the stairs with me appeared beside me, took hold of my hand and led me away to another place.

And then I found myself in a theatrette full of people. Different groups of people were preparing to put up an item and perform before the entire audience. I was supposed to participate too but didn't know which group I belonged to. Finally, I identified my group members by recognising a familiar face that I saw (just that I can't recall now). When it came to my group's turn to perform (don't know perform what also), imagine my shock when I found out that I was supposed to take the microphone and sing a song with another girl! That got me real anxious and I was frantically trying to 'siam' when my dream just ended like that, and I woke up.

I wasn't frightened or shocked... just thought it was a rather interesting dream and then I went back to sleep again. It was already 8plus in the morning however, so I lazed around for a while more before I finally climbed out of bed at 9am. I had a pau and some siew mai for breakfast, then went to have my QT.

For lunch, I had plain porridge with some more siew mai, and with the previous day's leftover steamed fish and some newly-grilled seaweed chicken.

The day passed by pretty slowly. I spent the entire day doing some readings and trying to understand how to apply them in practice. Half of the time in the afternoon, I would feel tired and lie down on the bed to rest. I don't know how I made it through this day and through the past week either, as some things didn't go too well. In fact today, I was 'drifting' in and out of a low mood. So I prayed. And somewhere around the late afternoon, after I prayed, God removed that heaviness from me and I was able to carry on with a smile again.

In the night, my mother made curry chicken for dinner. The curry she makes always tastes so good. I love the gravy, for it is thick and spicy. The more spicy it is, the more exciting it is... how I wish it can be more spicy.

Got to go and sleep again now... hope I don't get anymore funny dreams tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home