Sunday, December 04, 2005

3rd December

Yesterday was Saturday, and I woke up 1 hour later than usual in the morning as I didn't have to go to work. To my dismay, I felt a pain in the left side of my throat. And I thought, sore throat??! I thought perhaps I was dreaming or what but I wasn't. There was really a pain in my throat and I wondered where I got that from. I didn't even feel anything was wrong when I went to the bed the previous night. Did I eat too much curry or heaty food in the week? Did I drink very little water? Did I happen to be around someone who was sick? I answered 'Yes' to the first 2 questions and a 'Maybe' to the 3rd one. So, oops... I neglected my health, can't blame anybody but myself.... but nevertheless, I prayed and asked God to heal me and not let the pain in my throat deteriorate or develop into something more serious. After praying, I didn't think much about it anymore and proceeded to wash up and then have breakfast with my parents, as I had mentioned in my previous post.

Guess what I chose to have for breakfast? Well, I was at the coffeeshop around my neighbourhood with my parents and had no idea what to eat. My father had already decided he was going to have laksa, so I said I also wanted to have laksa. (Think at this point, those of you who are reading this might want to throw eggs and tomatoes at me and go, "Sabie!!!") Hahaha, but by then, it was because I didn't feel anymore discomfort in my throat so I went for the laksa, finished up the thick rice noodles and the fishcake slices and fishballs but drank only a bit of the gravy. Then I left for Boon Lay.

My parents had told me earlier in the day that they would be coming for the 730pm service. They would be arriving by shuttle bus at around 645pm or 7pm, so after I finished support duty around 6pm, I went to BEST kopitiam by myself to have dinner. I headed straight to the nasi lemak stall and ordered curry veggie, sambal sotong and mutton curry. I like the food from this stall the most and this was the first stall I patronised when I came to church at Jurong West. Might be the last time I'm eating from this stall unless I pass by their way again in future.

Anyway, the title of this post is '3rd December' and maybe some might be wondering what's so special about this date. It's not my birthdate, nor is it the birthdate of any of my family members. But this date holds great significance for me because exactly 10 years ago on this date and on this night, I experienced the Presence and the power of God for the first time in my life, and my life was transformed ever since.

A decade may have gone by, things do change and have changed, and people come and go, but I never want to lose the passion and love that I have for God. My personal encounter with the Holy Spirit in 1995 was tremendously wonderful, but I cannot stop and stay there if I want to move on with God in the present. Like how Pastor always tells us, we cannot live on yesterday's revelation, but must always seek God for fresh revelation. And the greater our intimacy with God, the deeper the revelation we will receive from Him. I want my relationship with God to become closer and stronger than ever before, and I want to continue loving God with all my heart. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home