Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sneezing... And Coughing?!

I slept at around 2am again this morning and woke up at 9plus. Was listening to the "Cross" praise and worship album before I slept, and also thinking over some issues in my mind... As I listened, I fell in love with track no. 6 'Cry' on Disc 1, that I put it on repeat mode. Even right now as I am writing my blog, the track is still being played in my room.

I have been sneezing on and off this morning, throat quite itchy, and now I am having a runny nose... and I seem to be coughing again. I must pray to get well soon... I wanna be healthy!!

My mum is making Okonomiyaki for lunch... the japanese pizza that she occasionally makes for cell group. Saw her just now mixing the flour, eggs and water together. Slices of chicken franks, crab stick and cabbage will also be added to that. I can smell it coming from the kitchen now... will be ready in a while's time... My mum just loves to make this japanese pizza. She loves to make sushi too. She will make them whenever she can, and sometimes, in the wee hours of the morning like 1am, 2am or even 4am, she will just get up and start preparing food. She has a Japanese friend by the name of Motoko, whom she met a few years ago at a supermarket. Being the sociable and chatty person my mum is, she initiated a conversation with this Japanese lady, and from then onwards, they became good friends and pen pals. This Japanese lady is also a Christian, and very hospitable. She invited my mum over to stay with her when she was in Singapore, and also invited both of us over for tea. Now she's back in Tokyo but will write letters to my mum from time to time, and even sends her gifts.

Then, contrary to the previous years when I said my parents will usually be at home to prepare dinner, they have just received a call from a friend who invited them over to his place for dinner. So blessed! So that leaves me home alone later in the evening. My mum asked me to go along with them, but I think I'll stay at home. I can watch NDP on TV, and also try to catch a glimpse of Meiling because she will be watching the parade tonight with Gary at the Padang. Both of them will be wearing green, so it should be pretty easy to catch them live if the camera pens at them :)

Okay, the Okonomiyaki is ready! Add some mayonnaise to go with and it will be perfect! :) :) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home