Friday, August 19, 2005

2nd Birthday Celebration!

Sis Klessis and the rest of my cell group members celebrated my birthday for me tonight after cell group!! :) Hee… actually I should count it as the night before cos it’s already past 12 midnight… but nevertheless, I was very happy and touched.

Unlike the usual style of N252 birthday celebrations, I didn’t get blindfolded. Instead, I was led to the living room where a “Pyramid Game” formation had been nicely set up. On the floor were 5 cones and beneath each cone lay an envelope which contained either Trivia Bible or Gospel questions and also qian<4> bian<3> wen<4> da<2> ti<2>. I am supposed to use a paper “halo” and aim at every cone one at a time. If the paper “halo” manages to land around the cone, I will get to answer the questions in the envelope that is under that particular cone. During my first few tries, I didn’t manage to aim accurately but my cell group was nice enough to be lenient and allow me to answer the questions anyway. Some of the questions (esp the qian bian ones) were really mind-boggling hee… they were actually very simple but for me, I had to take some time to think and have some clues before I could get them right haha. But it was very fun!! And Meiling was our photographer of the day and helped to take many many pics.

After getting through each stage of the Pyramid Game successfully, lo and behold I had to put on a green helmet and carry on with the rest of the celebration in that! Meiling calls it the Victory Hat… Thank God I only needed to wear it for a short while when they sang me birthday song and gave me presents... The cell group gave me a very nice pink bag! And Gary & Meiling gave me a very pretty white bag! 2 bags at one go… wow… bags are just what I need during this time. Thank God for them! :)

After they prayed for me, Sis Kless brought me up to my room to search out some more presents that had been skillfully hidden by Annie before the cell group meeting. The sisters all followed one after the other to take a peek too. After searching high and low, I finally found it! Not one, not two, but three types of Doraemon gifts! Doraemon beach mat, Doraemon slippers, and Doraemon straw seat mat! So cute!! And all from Sis Kless :)

As I think about what my leader and cell group members have done for me, I am truly very thankful to God for placing me among such great and wonderful friends; friends who love me from the bottom of their hearts… friends who stand by me in every circumstance of my life… friends who show me genuine care and concern… friends whom I can trust :)

To Sis Klessis and every single one of you in N252, thank you all for loving me. :) I really appreciate everything that you all have done for me! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharine said...

sabie! Happy birthday oh! really hope you like what we have installed for you and we make it a really special and memorable one because you are a very special person to all of us, especially gary and myself. as i looked back, you are the one who make gary and i feel welcome when we first joined N252, under the leadership of sister selena. we went through so many thick and thins together wooo...blur together...got "buah" together too...so...we really appreciate who you are...and personally for me, one very funny sister who i can play and laugh out loud with!!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home